House cleaning is one of the tasks we do not enjoy very much. It is long, laborious and well, dirty. However, it is something that you really have to do unless you are willing to settle in a house that is filthy and unorganized. When house cleaning, it is appropriate to set aside ample time for this task, say a whole day, especially if you have a large house. It is also great to enlist the help of other family members for this task.
It is extremely important for the whole house to be clean in order to avoid sickness, allergies or infections. Pests, another culprit, can be remedied by using Riddex and Pest Offense. Most ailments start from the house. Keep in mind that a clean house is a safe house.
Removing Black Growth
Black mold growth is one of the most common dirt found in the house. Mold is a problem that can stick around forever if not treated properly the first time. Black mold is very toxic and can cause sickness and even death in certain cases.
Removing mold completely is the only way to rid your home of the spores and dust. Learn how to remove black mold and keep your home safe. Black mold removal and mold and mildew removal can be a little difficult but there are tips and techniques you can apply to make the work faster and more efficient.
Removing Black Mold in the House
· It is very important to know the source of the water accumulation. Fixing it is the first step of the successful removal of black mold. If you have a high relative humidity in a room or area (55% or higher), then you should strongly consider a dehumidifier. To determine the relative humidity, you will need a relative humidity sensor, also known as a moisture meter or hygrometer. If there is a water leak or a severe flooding, use fans and humidifiers. Move wet items away from walls and off the floor. You have to address the problem quickly so that the damage will not go too fat. It only takes 24-48 hours for toxic mold to germinate and grow. Contaminated areas should be remedied quickly.
· Minimize dust and seal off affected areas. Before cleaning and removing the mold, take necessary measures to prevent the mold from spreading. Mold spores become airborne during the cleaning process so contain the area being cleaned.
Each room should be cleaned separately. Seal the room off before beginning the cleaning process. Cleaning, as mentioned earlier, can stir up the mold so it is vital to prevent them from disseminating. Once spores become airborne, they can quickly spread to other areas to germinate and colonize. A room can be properly sealed by using plastic sheeting with duct tape to cover various openings, such as doors and vents. Turn off all HVAC systems before cleaning.
· Toxic black mold removal on a dry area can be done by lightly misting the area with water before cleaning the mold. Dry mold has a much greater chance of becoming airborne when disturbed. After lightly misting the surface, clean the affected area with soap and then apply a disinfectant black mold remover. Mold spores are microscopic so make sure to clean all surfaces. After cleaning the area, it must be completely dried.
· Remove and discard mold-infected materials by throwing them into heavy-duty plastic bags. Get the bags outside a window or other openings accessible to the room being cleaned.
How to Protect Your Health during Mold Cleanup
It is of enormous importance to protect you and minimize exposure during the cleaning process. It is not recommended for a person who has asthma or other allergies to do the clean up for they are very vulnerable. Black mold removal cost need not be exacerbated by health risks.
Wear a respirator. Wear a dust mask to protect against inhalation of mold spores. Choose a respirator that is specifically designed for particle removal.
1. Clothing. Wear protective clothing that can be easily removed and cleaned. Use a suit that will cover the entire body to prevent any skin exposure. You should also wear rubber gloves and eye goggles.
2. Evacuate. Ask family members to leave the area during cleanup.
3. Rest in between cleaning. If the area to be cleaned is quite large, make sure to rest in an area where there is fresh air.